Discover more from Economics with Dr. A
Kentucky Economic Association
Research, Football, and Make New Friends
On October 21st 2022, the Kentucky Economic Association will host their annual meetings at the Haile College of Business at Northern Kentucky University. This year, I have the honor to serve as conference organizer and president-elect. More importantly, my dissertation advisor and mentor, Dr. Frank Scott, is being honored as the KEA Distinguished Economist for 2022.
If you are looking for a reason to visit Northern Kentucky and the Cincinnati region, this is your opportunity. The KEA has a great group of economists and our sessions are productive. We also have great undergraduate research sessions, best paper award, and network for students. If you have a student working on a paper, this is a good conference to present at.
For those of you that like to make a weekend out of your conference trips. Here is a sample itinerary
Thursday- Arrive and attend the pre conference meeting at Wooden Cask Brewery. Have dinner at Newport on the Levee or at the Hofbrauhaus. End the night with the best view of Cincinnati, from the Kentucky side.
Friday- Spend the day at NKU attending the conference 8-3pm
Sunday- You can’t leave just yet! The Bengals play the Atlanta Falcons at 1pm.
I hope to see you in NKY/Cincinnati. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out.
Places to stay
Aloft Newport on the Levee- Dog friendly and close to entertainment
Holiday Inn Express Wilder- Closer to campus
Hotel Covington- one of my favorite hotels in Northern Kentucky.
Assistant Director, International MBA and Career Advancement - Haile College of Business, Northern Kentucky University
To provide leadership and management for MBA program in the areas of student career development and international partnerships. The MBA program generally, and the international MBA specifically, have represented rapidly growing areas of enrollment for NKU, but personnel is needed to manage critical aspects of successful operations. This includes projects that enhance student potential for career outcomes; and management of admissions, ongoing administration, and advising, related to international partnerships within the MBA program.
Student Career Development, MBA
• Work in conjunction with Career Services to enhance career development opportunities
• Assist graduates in securing employment in their field of study
• Provide career coaching and interview techniques through seminars and workshops Provide/Organize career information to students including interview skills, resume writing, externships, etc.
• Provide/Organize comprehensive career workshops to students and alumni
• Maintain accurate graduate and alumni database
• Assist with and participate in special events such as alumni and awards assemblies
Admissions, International MBA
• Attend international partner universities’ student recruiting, information sessions, meet and greets, orientations, etc.
• Work in conjunction with partner universities and ISSS Office in order to compile all required student application materials to be scanned into NKU’s system
• Enter course transcripts evaluation information into SpanTran for all applicants and follow up on required documents as needed
• Process admissions paperwork for all eligible students (Provisional or Full admission based on each student application file)
Administration, International MBA
• International partner university faculty hiring and credentialing process through Faculty Success (formerly known as Digital Measures)
• Program liaison between international partner universities, students and all NKU Offices
• Host visiting students/faculty
• Monitor and assist with international partner university Canvas access, email setup, myNKU access for entering grades
• International partner university/NKU faculty support
• Coordinate international partner university/NKU faculty travel
• Work in conjunction with COB Grad Programs on course scheduling needs/input
Advising, International MBA
• Work in conjunction with international partner universities on student advising, registration, academic probation, graduation requirements etc. as students’ progress through the program
• Advise all current students (course permits, registration reminders, academic probation issues, etc)
• Process all CPT /OPT/ Internship paperwork for current student in conjunction with ISSS
• 2-week immersion program from international partner universities to NKU